Introduction to On-Board Training Sailing Placement:
On Board Training requirement to enable appearance for Competency (CoC) Rank Examinations of a Flag State is termed as Placement after completion of merchant navy presea courses. Duration of training in sailing as eligibility for appearance in CoC Exams is arrived commonly by all Flag States under IMO.
Categories of Student Cadets Not Needing Placement Assistance:
(1) Wards of Seafarers and those who have their close relatives in maritime fraternity generally have existing contacts in maritime industry for facilitating their onboard training placement; (2) Those who have been sponsored to the MTI by RPSL Consultants; (3) Those pursuing Shore based Careers after completing Maritime UG Qualification for the culture, style and discipline inculcated; (4) Those opting for Fire and Safety Careers in Oil and Gas Industry in Middle East and Singapore after completion of their Marine Engineering UG Degree; (5) Those cadets not needing/ willing for placement assistance program from College; All the above 5 Categories of students need not have to avail Placement Assistance from institution by enrolling in Placement Assistance Program or Placement Guarantee Program.
Placement Awareness Promotion (Included in this Program):
- One Week Sailing Experience on NCV Ships or its equivalent with India to have experience of sailing ship on sea and its pitch and roll (encourages recruiters to have preference with other 1st timers with no sea feel – cost included).
- Two Port Visits to enable comprehension on Port operations and its impact on Sailing Vessels (One Passenger Terminal and Other Cargo Terminal – cost included).
- Total of Ten Placement Awareness Seminars from Experienced Senior Sailors and Govt Recognised RPSL Consultants in your chosen Course/rank during the duration of your course training itself to aid good comprehension of the Industry (Costs included).
- Annual Subscription from the date of graduation to 3 leading industry magazines in the name of student with their residential address for facilitating awareness of quantum/ type of jobs available in Maritime Industry (cost included).
- Optional visits to Mumbai, Singapore and Dubai Shipping Clusters (Cost Excluded viz., borne by Willing Student Cadets as group). Aids comprehension of Job Market, Working Style and Pay Scales of Maritime fraternity).
Placement Assistance Facilitation:
- Interviews with three RPSL Agents selected by Cadets from empanelled consultants.
- Sharing of passed out Student Cadets profile to Shipping Companies.
- Sharing of Recruitment Enquiries received from Shipping Companies commonly with enrolled students.
What is Excluded in this Program: Anything not committed here is excluded from expectations.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information from Sri Nandhanam Maritime Academy. Do visit more details on Placement Guarantee Program offered by Institution (Click Here to Read).