Qualifying Examination- Candidates must have passed HSC (Academic: both +1 and +2) or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage (mentioned below) in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
((( OR )))
Candidates must have passed HSC in any one of the Vocational Subjects (both +1 and +2) with any one of the Engineering related subjects namely Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry with a minimum average percentage (mentioned below) put together.
Vocational Subjects for B.E/B.Tech Degree Admission
|Group Code||Vocational Subjects|
|422||Electrical Machines and Appliances|
Minimum average percentage required
|S.No.||Categories||Minimum Average Percentage|
|2||Backward class including backward class Muslim||40%|
|3||MBC & DNC||40%|
|4||SC/ SCA/ ST||40%|
Note- Improvement marks of candidates including other state candidates will not be considered from 2006 onwards.
M.E., Thermal Engineering Course Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the B.E/B.Tech or equivalent examination in Mechanical engineering/Automobile engineering/Production engineering/Mechanotronics/Aeronautical/Production engineering stream from a recognized state/private/deemed or central University with at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates by 5%) of the marks.
M.E., Structural Engineering Course Eligibility
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Civil Engineering or attained another equivalent degree such as Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Energy and Environment Engineering from a recognized institute, with a minimum aggregate score of 55%.
- Students having completed M.Sc. in Environmental Science with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) marks in aggregate are also eligible to apply for the course.
- Students in the last semester of graduation are also eligible to apply, provided they fulfill the other minimum eligibility criteria.
For both Engineering PG Courses:
- Applicant shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the Subject/Subjects at UG level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.